WE'RE HIRING: HEAD OF COMMUNITY EXPERIENCE
The Head of Community Experience serves as the lead builder of a thriving, inter-connected group of individuals here at The Kitchen. We need someone who will intentionally build new and richer connections between and among people and groups in The Kitchen community. In this role, you will activate an energetic, young and vibrant community that is deeply dedicated to living Jewishly. You will direct member outreach and engagement, leadership development, as well as communications and programming for members.
You’ll succeed by learning about current and prospective members through one-on-one meetings, social media and programming and then translating that knowledge into deeper member-to-member engagement opportunities and compelling programming experiences at The Kitchen.
A-TEAMS + ENGAGEMENT
- Serve as the primary staff lead to build and grow A-Teams (lay-led and organized affinity groups) including groups like Kitchen 24/7 and the Justice League.
- Develop a strategic plan for engagement to include identifying key target demographics for involvement and creating smaller communities and A-Teams.
- Assist A-Teams in self-organizing by supporting their programmatic needs.
- Help people identify challenges and introduce them to others who can help.
- Encourage people with skills and resources to connect to people with needs.
- Help bring innovation and new perspectives into the community by adding new people to it, help small projects move to scale.
- Set up training and coaching for A-Team leaders, work to develop their leadership within and outside of A-Teams.
- Set up communications systems for members of the community to connect with one another.
- See patterns in the network: where there is energy, where there is isolation and help develop strategies to deal with those aspects of the community.
- Find ways to connect nodes in the network to the larger whole and find avenues for collaboration, volunteerism and participation.
- Oversee all membership activities including onboarding, outreach and retention.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for member inquiries via phone and email.
- Manage pipeline and lifecycle of prospective and new members.
- Recruit and welcome new members.
- Develop recruiting tools to convert highly engaged participants into members.
- Works with lay leaders and staff to ensure an ongoing culture of hospitality.
- Develop and deliver Prospective Membership Nights that educate about The Kitchen.
- Integrate and develop members as fully engaged community participants.
- Meet with new members and help them find meaningful connections to The Kitchen.
- Develop a methodical way for each member to have direct contact with a member of The Kitchen’s professional/clergy staff, at least annually.
- Create and mentor a core base of volunteers.
- Coordinate the involvement of all members in Kitchen life and leadership.
- Ensure retention of membership through high-touch, high-quality experience.
- Maintain contact with new members after they join to ensure their needs are met.
- Develop and deliver member programs, including New Member Open Houses and members-only events.
- Be a presence at shabbat, holiday and other programs.
- Produce monthly membership reports.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Rabbi or Executive Director.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in community, organizing, campaign or volunteer coordination, and leadership development
- Demonstrated ability to develop leadership skills among diverse constituencies
- Must show high levels of entrepreneurial initiative
- Be flexible while remaining grounded in the needs and priorities of the community
- High level of emotional intelligence and ability to astutely read and navigate complex relationships
- Marketing and communications background a plus. Experience working in a Jewish communal setting not mandatory but desirable.
- Effectively prioritize competing tasks and interests
- Be able to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends
Qualified candidates should send a resume and thoughtful cover letter to email@example.com. Put "LAST NAME – Head of Community Experience" in the subject line.